Monday, June 16, 2008

Gainesville: It's what we do.


After a weekend in Gainesville, I need a quiet week in Navarre to recover.  It was no doubt an eventful weekend full of lemon drops, Disney Scene It, and a serious lack of sleep.

It all started out when I arrived Friday night and was reunited with some of my loves.  After a typical “getting-ready” sesh, we picked up some of our favorite gentlemen and headed to Gator City.  There I had the pleasure of seeing even more of my bests, and the unfortunate experience of learning that you never say no to a Blue Hat.

Saturday morning, the Nudist proved that tequila really does make your clothes fall off. 

We had what can only be deemed as the laziest Saturday ever, as Katie, Bailey and I sat on the couch for at least 10 hours watching MTV, doing crossword puzzles, and eating muffins.

Then it was off to El Norteno for some Margs and Mexican.  Once the lightening started to settle in, we decided to stay in for the night and bring the party to us.  A Scene It tourney, several pitchers of Margs, and shattered glass made for a seriously eventful evening.  

Sunday was a day to “get back to our roots” as CD would say.  After church and some Sonny’s, I headed to Cuz’s for an evening of Club Amph, The Office, VooDoo, and McD’s.  We definitely took covered all the bases, and she even helped me rip off a few band-aids.  

All in all it was a pretty fabulous weekend.  Sometimes you just need a weekend with your girls to get back on the right page. 

No comments: