Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Thunder Rolls

One of the coolest things about Kiawah is the range of the weather. We have been very fortunate about having sunny days, but the nights are often stormy. It makes for a great scene to watch the lightning from the porch or the car (as Rachel and I did).

We set out the other night to try and photograph some lightning, but even though we were unsuccessful, we still managed to have an interesting time. On out way back to the island we hit some standstill traffic. It turns out a huge oak tree had fallen and was blocking both lanes of the street. So of course, I got out of the car, camera in tow, and in the rain I marched up to the scene and got some shots (granted they didn’t really turn out since I was tri-pod-less).

Yesterday we hit up Charleston again and took a bike ride on the beach. And today was another day of fun in the sun! To say the least Cuz and I are getting a decent tan.

No comments: