Sunday, May 18, 2008

Berlin...The new city of love.

Another day of touring is done, and I am going to be in desperate need of an intensive massage when I get home.  I think I finally know my way around the city.  My group and I navigated the public transportation on our own today, and, surprisingly, we made it home in one piece.  

We had the opportunity to meet a couple of young women from the city today, and through their openness, I gained a new perspective on the city.  They told us about how they often feel guilty for the horrors of the Holocaust, and how difficult it can be to accept that they cannot change the past.  One of the girls, who is only 15, said something that I think we can all learn from.  She said that although what happened in the past is not her responsibility, she is responsible for the future.  I thought that showed a lot of wisdom for such a young girl.



After our long chat and some Dunkin’ Doughnuts coffee, I photographed some more PDAers.  I swear, these Berliners just can’t get enough of each other…


2 comments:

Bunz said...

Let's hope the "getting enough of each other" sticks with the Berliners.

Andrew Stanfill said...

You should post some other shots than couples mackin it! Not that the ones you have are bad.