Friday, May 16, 2008

I'm in Europe!

Ok, so day one in Berlin is coming to an end, and it has certainly been an eventful one. My flight came in this morning at around 10 (to my extreme bliss my bags arrived with me), and some of my group members and I made our way to the hotel to check in. After showering and a refreshing meal of a Doner Kebap, our group had a meeting with a Berlin correspondent for the Wall Street Journal. Then it was off to sightsee.


We went to Bernauer Park, the only part of the remaining wall that still had both the East and West sides in tact, and explored some of the areas surrounding it, including Roggenfeld im Mauerstreifen, the church that was destroyed when the wall was built.

Finally, we made our way towards Praten Biergarten for some grub. I chose another traditional German food (in the spirit of dear old Dad), a bratwurst. I also paired it with another recommendation from the Beer Snob himself, Berliner Kindl Weiss (although I spiced, or should I say sweetened, it up a little and added a recommended green flavoring of some kind). It tasted delicious!



After nearly getting lost on our way back to the hotel, the majority of the group is about to pass out from our extreme jet lag. It was really all I could do to get this post up and share some pictures with you all. I hope everything is wonderful back in the States. Until next time…

1 comment:

Bunz said...

That green syrup is Woodruff syrup. Bring some home and I'll homebrew a Weiss. BTW, if you can swing by the brewery and get the secret recipe, that would be grand.
Just kidding.