Thursday, May 8, 2008

Book of Quotes

I have this journal and every time I come across a quote that I like I write it down. Some of them are really thought provoking and others are just fun ones that I want to remember.  But I figured I would use this as a place to share some of my favorites.

One of which comes from my mom, Joy.  I think it's wonderful when I hear really memorable quotes in everyday conversation, especially because I am a journalist (and it makes my job so much easier). But some people just say things that really stand out from the rest.  My mom wrote this one in my senior salute in my high school yearbook:  "May your dreams lead you to places unknown, may your heart lead you home."

I mentioned before that I am currently obsessed with Grey's Anatomy, and it just so happens that those writers really know how to make a line stick.  Talk about gaining wisdom from a TV show...

"If you get a chance, take it.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said it would be easy.  They just promised it would be worth it."

Another one of my favorites from Grey's is:  "The things I remember best- those are the things I wasn't supposed to do and I did them anyway."

And let's not forget about my 10-year love affair with the world's favorite wizard. One of the best Harry Potter quotes I could find is:  "It is our choices that show who we are far more than our abilities."  

And last, but certainly not least comes from Marilyn Monroe:  "Well-behaved women rarely make history."  Now she may have had some "blonde moments", but saying this was certainly not one of them.

That's all for now.  I'm sure I'll have some more to share soon enough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love to steal quotes from places too, not a journal, but a list on my computer. One of my favorites is from a poem they have all around the Central Park Zoo, called Famous By Naomi Nye.
"The bent photograph is famous to the one who carries it.
and is not at all famous to the one who is pictured."

I just thought I'd share. love you.