Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I am Spiderwoman


I have two car seats in my car, which is a big deal considering my car only holds four people.  Now, having the car seats in the car is not as big of a deal as what they are accompanied by (mind you, at some points there are children in them).  They are currently joined by crumbled Teddy Grams that are scattered throughout the backseat, a sure sign that I have entered un-chartered territory (at least for me).  

Last night I took two kids to T-ball, and here’s how that went: 

  1. Get kids ready.  (This includes getting them dressed and fed.)
  2. Put car seats in car.  (When you have a 2-door car, this is like yoga.  I had to contort my body in all sorts of ways to buckle in the gigantic seat with cup holders…CUP HOLDERS!)
  3. Put stroller in trunk.  (It didn’t fit.  That’s right, my trunk was too small.)
  4. Retrieve kids from house.  (Adasyn, 1, had taken off her shoes and socks, so repeat step 1.)
  5. Put kids in car seats.  (At this point I am sweating.)
  6. Finally, drive to T-ball and keep the younger one occupied while Colby, 4, demonstrates his T-ball skills (which includes running with the rest of his team to dog pile the ball in the outfield).

After this escapade, I now fully understand why so many moms have mini vans and SUVs, and none drive cute little yellow Mustangs.  I also have more experience in fielding the question “why”.  Although I don’t think I did a very good job explaining why it gets dark at night and why it rains to the 4-year-old who desperately wanted to play Batman outside.  I told him it was because God wanted it to (what I thought was a very decent explanation, and one that didn’t warrant further “whys”).  Well, now he isn’t very chummy with our pal, God.  Great, huh?  I’ll work on that one next time…

Finally, as bedtime is drawing near, I am designated the role of Spiderwoman and trapped inside a web of blankets.  As I lay there in a room full of Transformers and Hulk Halloween costumes, I wonder…who said life without Facebook was dull?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Soo..I can't help but taking some of the credit for all you know about taking care of children. haha! I am sure you are great with the kids but i mean you know I have the mom haircut, haha! love you